Friday, February 22, 2013

About me


     My name is Ayden Michael Khan and I am a junior at Montclair State University.
I am a music education major with a concentration in percussion. I’m a percussionist by
trade but also double on low brass instruments. If I hadn’t discovered my love for music
and teaching in high school, I am not sure what I would be doing right now. That passion
has only grown since through college. I work with a high school marching band, teaching
and coaching their drum line over the summer and in the fall and teach their percussion
ensemble in the winters and springs. Additionally, I teach private percussion lessons and
work with an ensemble made up of students aged eight to fifteen. After I graduate,
ideally, I see myself teaching high school or middle school instrumental music.
     In general, I am quite comfortable with technology. I have no problem utilizing it
for whatever task I am given. I am generally someone people ask to show them how to
use programs on their computer or to fix their computer or help with projector issues in
class. I’d like to be able to learn more interactive ways to use a smart board in class,
especially with music. In high school only one of my classes used a smart board but it
was only utilized as a chalk board. I know that there are more, creative, ways to utilize
one and would like to learn about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment